We designed the tool to generate an indicative lifetime budget that you can use to help manage client expectations of EPC patent costs. Use the tool to guide your clients to representative costs for EPC patent procurement which:
- cover the whole journey to its end point of nationally confirmed EPC patent rights
- include prosecution costs, the cost of paying EPO renewal fees and the formal costs which occur around EPC patent issue.
The base we used is a fixed-model EPC patent application originating in PCT. But you should find the tool useful for EPC applications in general.
In the figures guided, we included the official fees applicable to the model, our assessed European attorney costs and the expected third party issue-stage costs such as translation. We organised expenses by Year, with Quarter and Half-Quarter divisions, in order to help your client CFO’s to produce in-house budgets.
We gave the tool an interactive format that:
- allows you to insert additional costs attributable to your own services
- permits £sterling and $US inputs and outputs
- includes a user-variable FX rate field
The tool displays prosecution with 1-office action and 2-office actions.
We provide transparent Assumptions and Advisories so that you can ensure your client has a full picture.